Adding a credit/debit option for paypal.me link?

friendschurchor
New Community Member

Hello!

I use paypal as a way to accept donations for my business. We currently have a non-paypal button on our site that redirects to our paypal.me page. However, a huge issue is that I can not find any option to add a credit or debit payment option for donors. Don't want to use the regular paypal button because it isn't supported by the website to be in the navigation bar, and that's where it needs to be. Does anyone have a solution?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

With PayPal.ME, unfortunately there is no option for someone to pay as a guest using a credit card - if the receiver of your link does not have a PayPal Account, they will be required to open one.   (This is the design of the product.)

If the website you're using does not support the standard Donation item button code the alternative is use the email or text link version of the code.  For example, Wordpress does not directly support HTML Forms (which is what the PayPal item button code is), you have to either use a plug-in for Donations or use the email or text link version of the Donation code.   It's basically a URL link which almost all sites allow you to use.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

With PayPal.ME, unfortunately there is no option for someone to pay as a guest using a credit card - if the receiver of your link does not have a PayPal Account, they will be required to open one.   (This is the design of the product.)

If the website you're using does not support the standard Donation item button code the alternative is use the email or text link version of the code.  For example, Wordpress does not directly support HTML Forms (which is what the PayPal item button code is), you have to either use a plug-in for Donations or use the email or text link version of the Donation code.   It's basically a URL link which almost all sites allow you to use.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.