I have been scammed by paypal

Martinsz
New Community Member

So I have been scammed by a buyer as she claims the bicycle that I sold her was not as described. And now she has both the money back and bicycle. What should I do next? Or as the case is closed I can do nothing and just say that PayPal and eBay are the worst places to do business with?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Martinsz 

Neither ebay or paypal see the item in question, what you put on your auction may not be in the condition the photo suggests or in the item description OR the buyer lies on receipt about condition of item.

So paypal make a judgement call, normally if they find in favour of the buyer the buyer has to return the item first before you have to refund.

The fact they ended up with both means you either did not send them a postage label for the return (if it was an ebay dispute) or you didn't respond to the dispute/claim process in a timely matter so you negated seller protection.

However difficult to comment as we don't know the full details of the dispute.

However there are always going to be risks with online selling and you have to allow for the odd sale to go awry, you can either learn from it and move on or if you have enough evidence take legal action against the buyer (as long as you have offered postage costs to return the item and they have refused). 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.