How to check full address from USPS tracking? Buyer not returning item (fraud)

typicalperson
Contributor
Contributor

Another loophole for buyers. I now have to provide documentation that the buyer didn't actually send to my address, any tips please?

Buyer claimed defective item (highly unlikely for this item) and provided their own tracking. I did not receive the item (checked mailbox daily/received packages since Thanksgiving). Also no USPS informed delivery notification on my end.

I'm trying to get a written response from USPS since online tracking only shows ZIP code...

I've already provided a label through eBay which they did not use, and the buyer has since been unregistered on the site.

I occasionally sell on eBay (100% rating) and now I know better not to sell high priced items (in this case >$300) to 0 feedback accounts.

Expensive lesson for me, still I'm disappointed that people/small businesses face this risk by selling on eBay/PayPal.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

typicalperson
Contributor
Contributor

USPS customer service was able to provide the info, and after going through CFPB, Paypal did a one-time goodwill gesture.

Login to Me Too

jimmypoo

How did you get USPS to give you the full , street address??? I am told only city and zip code is available.

Login to Me Too

jimmypoo

also , what is CFPB ?

Login to Me Too

tuppymahar
Contributor
Contributor
Maybe ... Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.