How to address potential buyer abuse

noogahz
New Community Member

Hello PayPal community

Currently experiencing a situation where a buyer decided to buy online goods (electronic goods -- ie. a game account) and is suspected of doing a "chargeback" via his bank few months later. This wouldn't be an issue, except this particular buyer has been purchasing a lot of these (few other community members told me that he bought their accounts) and are all suspecting him of doing a major chargeback.

We have chat history and proof that he is sending the payment, etc...but if he goes to the bank, PayPal will for sure put the cost on the buyer. So my question is, if the seller(s) provide adequate proof that the transaction/purchase has been complete and he tries to do a chargeback 6 months later, why is this on the seller? This is blatant fraud and shouldn't he be arrested if he is in the US? (I believe he is).

Does anyone have experience with buyers doing chargebacks for thousands of dollars? It seems very suspicious if anyone can just claim fraud 6 months later and get a full refund while the seller loses their goods or services.

Once again, he has hasn't done so YET, but I am curious to see if there are any measures the seller(s) can do to secure the verified transaction. It's obvious this buyer is spending thousands to secure these accounts, waits +6 months to change all info + recovery, and then claims chargeback. If he doesn't claim chargeback, this is no issue but if he does, is there a way for PayPal to verify Fraud?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.