Digital Goods Selling (question on how to counter disputes on digital goods)

Gordon19
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, PayPal community.

I would like to first note that I am currently not in this situation, at the moment. But I want to help my friends, and I, make sure we're absolutely informed about this particular topic. Also, I would like to note that I have read previous forum posts, and other posts about this topic, but they are all clearly outdated and or possibly misinformative. So please reference any ToS from PayPal from today's ToS. Lastly, before I continue, I would like to note that I have contacted PayPal's support in the past when this type of situation arose, but the memory of what they had said would be alright is a bit fuzzy, and I wanted to know if there are other things that can be used (since all the questions I pretty I asked was only really relevant to what I had).

What I'm wondering is how, as a digital goods seller, do you make sure that you do not get scammed (as the seller) from selling a digital good if a customer tries to start a dispute for it? Basically, what specific things should/must I provide to PayPal that will help make sure that I do not get the money taken away? What if it's also a donation, can nothing be done if the user has made a donation despite there being a ToS from the website they put the donation from (or can that ToS be used as one thing)? Basically I want to know everything I should/need to do for sure when it comes to digital goods and disputes (as the seller).

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Gordon19
Contributor
Contributor

I still would like an answer to this if anyone has one.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sriraj

Hi @Gordon19

I recommend that you get familiar with the PayPal Seller Protection Policy to assess the risk involved while accepting payments via PayPal for selling digital goods.

In general, digital goods are not covered under the Seller Protection Policy. 

Sriraj

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.