why are merchants always blame

anotherabused
Contributor
Contributor

there is something wrong with the system.

why do credit card companies always blame the merchants for unauthorized  transactions ?

instead of investigating and trying to find the criminals  they take the easy way out and punish the victims with charge backs

there are 2 victims when there is an unauthorized transaction but the ones always paying  are the merchants, maybe merchants should stop accepting credit cards

privacy laws protect innocents but also protect criminals

there is something really wrong with this society

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @anotherabused,

I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced loss due to unauthorized transactions. PayPal does offer Seller Protection, as long as all the requirements are met in order to make the transaction safer. When all the conditions are met, the chance of fraud occurring is drastically reduced, and PayPal can cover both parties in the situations where it does occur.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.