chargeback

beannie56
Contributor
Contributor

I'm hoping someone can help - this is my first chargeback.  I'll try to keep it short!

I sold a laptop to a company.  It was sent signed for and was received by the company that I sent it to.  A couple of days later the funds were put on hold as the customer had issued a chargeback - the reason being their credit card had been cloned.  It's under review but I am now without both the laptop and the money.  I'm in communication with the buyer but apparently there's nothing they can do til PayPal make a decision.  It's a lot of money and the item is working, so far PayPal have not asked me for any info.   Can anyone give me any advice on how to move this forward - I'd be very grateful - thank you.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@beannie56

An unauthorised transaction or chargeback means that an account holders Paypal account or card was hacked and used without their consent by your ?buyer.

You would not lose out as long as you met ALL the requirements of seller protection, so your best bet is to go and read up on it to make sure you were covered.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ragnar336
Contributor
Contributor

this happened to me. someone sent me too much money. after i received the wrong amount, i sent back the difference. they called their card company and said it was unauthorized. i'm now in the negative. paypal will not help me out. they told me to call the cops. how can they let this person access my account and not even help me a little? i'm not financially well off, and have special needs. there has to be someone, somewhere in this company who can help me. i used paypal because i thought it was secure, please help me

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ragnar336 

did you 'send back' the difference OR did you use the 'refund' option?

If you had used the refund option then paypal would see that you had already refunded and that amount you would not owe.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ragnar336
Contributor
Contributor

i sent back the difference and this heartless company told me in very polite terms "tough luck"

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ragnar336 

You should always 'refund' all 'refunds', you are not covered for sending money as a part refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ragnar336
Contributor
Contributor

are you a paypal employee or something? this immoral company let someone go into my account and steal my money, they admit it, and they tell me to pay them, and call the cops. I'm just happy i have a big enough platform to spread this news about this predatory company(paypal) aiding and abetting credit card fraud.

who raised these people?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.