buyer claims article doesn’t fit

Julesgueguen
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, So I never got a in trouble selling my stuff via invoice, but here is the first one. I sold a buyer a brand new sweatshirt with tag still attached. He received the article and just told me that the article doesn’t fit him and that he wants a return. Unfortunately, I mentioned in my terms that I don’t accept returns as I’m a small private seller, and that the article arrived as described. Then he mentioned that the article smell like after a laundry, then I explain to him that it may be possible because the sweatshirt was in my closet for a long time, but has never been worn, so still brand new ! And he is now trying to open a claim saying due to the fact that the sweatshirt smells different, the article is not brand new anymore. I don’t want to refund him because I think he is trying to return the jacket because of the sizing and not because of the potential nice smell (which I didn’t noticed when I shipped it). What can I risk if I refuse the return from the seller during the claim ? Thank you for your help !
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Julesgueguen 

Your return policy is for buyer remorse but that is trumped by paypals dispute policy.

So if the buyer opens a dispute for item received but not as described then paypal have to make a judgement call.

As its always one persons word against anothers then they do tend to favour the buyer BUT the buyer has to return the item back to you first before you have to refund.

So your best bet is to just respond to any dispute or emails promptly and then see how the dispute goes.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.