What should I do - figuring out refunds

FanOfTheHype
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Guys,

This is my first time ever posting into the Paypal community which should tell you I am very desperate for answers and help. Allow me to guide you through this frustrating situation that recently happened to me. I had an employee we recently let go due to bad business practices, he then decides to hack our Shopify account and refund all of our customers their payment back - Including orders that we've already shipped out; Thankfully we had some money left over to give out refunds to customers but not all of my customers are going to receive their refunds since there aren't enough funds in my account. There is a balance left of $6,526.04 in refunds that need to be disrupted; I tried contacting PayPal to see if we can stop refunds but I guess they aren't in control. 

I've contacted my customers letting them know what has happened and the majority of them are understanding and still want to receive their products which is good but now the issue lies with what PayPal is going to do next, I removed my checking accounts so my personal bank account that has $0 in it won't be touched nor over-drafted. I've called my bank to freeze my account. I was on the phone with a Paypal agent and he told me that it's going to resort to Paypal making my balance negative, which I am fine with since that would mean my customers will end up getting their refunds (I hope due to buyers protection) and they can send their payment back to my account so my negative balance will decrease & everyone will be happy.

But another agent told me that buyers protection will not refund my customers, instead, my account will stay negative until I put money back into it which means delayed refunds... Is this true? 

Is it possible to have PayPal turn my balance negative right now and issue out refunds so I can have my customers re-purchase?

or Is there anywayyyyy we can pause these pending transactions and allow my Paypal account to be $0, I have my taxes coming in that's going to help me buy raw materials to ship out which I am invested in doing. But I won't be able to ship orders to customers until their refunds are returned. I don't have enough capital right now to even pay $6k off. I really need advice and help. if there's a Paypal employee who could help me that would be perfect. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.