Sold item on eBay, disputed almost 3 months later

Ukbrit
Sold item on eBay, delivered item almost 3 months ago, received positive feedback and today I get a dispute from PayPal that buyer did not authorize the payment? This is madness. It’s only a $20 item but PayPal have now froze the $20 which is ludicrous. Also the name on the dispute matches the eBay account. I think quite honestly this is the last straw. I only have 132 sales but I have 100% positive feedback and yet PayPal always finds a way to take advantage of me. A few months ago a similar thing happened and the next time i sold something they froze my transaction until the item was delivered, then the next transaction as well and they were for much higher amounts. In fact the very last thing I sold on eBay, they froze my payment until it was delivered because it was considered to be a highly disputed item. I mean what the hell, you do your due diligence, you pay your fees and yet now my PayPal balance is -$20 until they resolve the frivolous dispute. Until eBay updates their payments to no longer partner with PayPal (which they are in the process of doing), I will no longer sell and if I buy, I will check out with my card rather than PayPal, i have been with them for years and yet they can’t see how false a claim is. I even reached out to the member who’s email is on the dispute and asked her what the deal is? No surprise that I didn’t get a response. Seems like an easy thing to do, just to go down your list of transactions and randomly dispute items because I can all ready put money on the fact that PayPal will side with the buyer, even though it was confirmed delivered and positive feedback was left by them on eBay. What a joke.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ukbrit 

An unauthorised transaction means that an account holders Paypal account was hacked and used without their consent by your ?buyer.

The name on the ebay account may well match the name on the paypal account as if their ebay account was hacked then often folks 'save' their passwords for paypal on ebay checkout.

If Paypal check IP addresses etc and find in favour of the account holder then of course they are reimbursed.

However you would not lose out either as long as you met ALL the requirements of seller protection, so your best bet is to go and read up on it to make sure you were covered.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ukbrit 

An unauthorised transaction means that an account holders Paypal account was hacked and used without their consent by your ?buyer.

The name on the ebay account may well match the name on the paypal account as if their ebay account was hacked then often folks 'save' their passwords for paypal on ebay checkout.

If Paypal check IP addresses etc and find in favour of the account holder then of course they are reimbursed.

However you would not lose out either as long as you met ALL the requirements of seller protection, so your best bet is to go and read up on it to make sure you were covered.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.