Resolution ruled in the buyers favour & they keep the item?

PrecisP
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All, we have been through a dispute with a buyer, regarding a so called damaged piece of furniture, Paypal ruled in her favour, disappointed I have to accept that. The money was taken from my account and back to hers. That's fine but she still has the couch ( $1,000 ) mind you! She has been giving me the run around, for the last 10 days. Been in hospital, been on holidays, now she does not have access to a mobile phone etc. I have tried 3 to 4 times to collect the item. Now this morning she tells me that she has sent it to be repaired so I cannot collect the item. This needs to be sorted by Paypal, as the item should have been returned or we should have had the opportunity to pick it up, prior to the refund. She has the her money back & my couch? She did not want it, now she wants to keep it and now saying I will not be able to collect it. I already have another buyer for the couch, I will be seeking my legal options if this is not sorted in a timely manner. I have been treated more than unfairly. She is a fraudster I suspect, as she has been using 3 different names, Alex on marketplace, Michelle on paypal & Fiona on email. Now she says I cannot contact her via phone either. I have messages to support my claim. Any item you purchase from a store has to be returned prior to refund, the same should apply to paypal.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PrecisP 

If the case was for Significantly not as described, then typically, if PayPal rules in the buyer’s favor, PayPal requires the buyer to return the goods first. Keep in mind PayPal deducts and withhold the amount disputed pending final outcome of the case. Is the case closed? Message PayPal to appeal the decision or go to the closed cases list to see if there is an appeal button besides the case or within the case. While you appeal, also be sure to report the buyer for “buyer abuse” of the buyer protection program.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

PrecisP
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for that. The case is closed. PayPal gave her money back but she still had the item, I think she knows how to play the system, as she strung me out for over 10 days, so now I can't appeal. I sent a message to the paypal when they ruled in her favour complain about the item bot being returned, there was no response. Again this morning I have written to them, if they don't respond it will be legal options.
Login to Me Too

PrecisP
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for that. The case is closed. PayPal gave her money back but she still had the item, I think she knows how to play the system, as she strung me out for over 10 days, so now I can't appeal. I sent a message to the paypal when they ruled in her favour complaining about the item not being returned, there was no response. Again this morning I have written to them, if they don't respond it will be legal options.
Login to Me Too

PrecisP
Contributor
Contributor
UPDATE: To PayPals credit, they reversed their decision based on her actions. I'm happy of course, as initially she has hoodwinked the system. The item was great to start when we delivered it, I'm not sure what happened to it whilst in her possession for 2 weeks. PayPal reviewed my situation and ruled in my favour in a few hours, got to say I'm happy with the result, a rare win for the seller. Thanks PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.