Questionable Client Request on Purchase

VenovaTrading
New Community Member

Hello..I am new to PayPal Business. First transaction, the client asked to be texted for an inquiry. Agreed to buy my product...but requested that the item be shipped to Florida ( to a relative) along with a PayPal gift certificate of $200.00. For my troubles, the client stated that he/she would add $30.00 for my troubles. So, to summarize, the client would deposit...$39.00 (price of item, plus tax), $200.00, and $30.00 in my PayPal account. Any suggestions? Sounds fishy to me. Thank You!

PS..totally new to PayPal..opened business account two weeks ago.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@VenovaTrading 

Its a SCAM.

Firstly you would have 0 seller protection if you did not send to the paypal registered address of the person that paid.

Secondly nearly always these scams rely on FAKE paypal emails that go in your SPAM folder and say that they buyer has paid.....they won't have paid.

They say that the funds will be released when you send a tracking number......they won't be released as they won't be pending IN YOUR PAYPAL BALANCE.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.