I got scammed on paypal and paypal won't help me.

Anonymous142
New Community Member

Recently I have worked for a client. I own a game programming job 

and I treat all my clients as they should be treated.

I always help my clients and be as much as helpful As I can be. but recently one of my clients that have paid me after a few

days of working after receiving my work, Has blocked me from all contacts.

The client has paid me upfront which was weird. I was confused about why he would do that. he just blocked me but still paid me for no reason asked.

I didn't think much of It.

Until recently paypal sent me a notification of him reporting me claiming I "Blocked him" And "Didn't give him his work" While sending no proof nor Any other Information.

I was furious. Working hard day and night for this client just to get blocked and reported.

So what I did was report this and claim this as not true. Sending proof of him buying the Item. As well blocking me from contacts.

I do not know If the reason was because the purchase did not show his gmail. But Even If so. I still sent proof of him blocking me. While he didn't send

Any type of proof. I thought nothing of It. After reporting It I every day looked at my paypal expecting my hard worked money to come back.

But when the day came I was shocked to seeing -50 Bucks on my account. 

And a closed case. 

I was very furious about this and wanted to report the closed case. BUT Apparently I'm not allowed to. It said I am not allowed to report that case. And I am very sad that this Is the type of thing people get away with.

I was scammed By a scammer. Afterwards reported as a scammer. And gotten a - On my balance.

I do not know what to do. I tried talking to customer service but no one Is available. Please PayPal give me an explanation. Why did you give the scammer his money after I sent full proofs. without him sending anything?

He did not specify ANY Information. Just quoted: "Hasn't contacted me In days. He blocked me". Which Is so over whelming. 

This person Is now BANNED from the server he had contacted me on. But still roaming free with MY money.

I feel like the security on this Is very cheap. and I am very unhappy this has to be one of my experiences with PayPal.

I had lost ALL of my money now and I am working day and night with other people who wishes to get a programmer. 

So please help me fix this.

PayPal this Is a very stressful situation And I do not know why you have done this but this Is

Not okay at all.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Lexie04
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not sure i fully understand, he paid you but then blocked you right after? because if he blocked you before you started working on his order it was your responsability to provide a refund right away, however if he blocked you after you had finished the product already then you can show proof to paypal that you did do his order. i wouldn't continue an order for a customer if i have no way to contact them.

Login to Me Too

Anonymous142
New Community Member

I did start working. He Invited me to the dev team and all the things needed.

A few days of chatting I ask him a question about a part of the game he had wanted. And he blocked me. I worked for his game I sent him the game files then he blocked me and reported the transaction.

Login to Me Too

Anonymous142
New Community Member

The product was not finished. since he blocked me a few days later. while still working on his game.

Login to Me Too

Anonymous142
New Community Member

The only reason I don't have proof of sending him the files was because I sent them onto a discord server that he got me removed off a few days later.

same day I got blocked

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.