Help with claim

Meowmix2025
New Community Member
Hello So, I recently did a sale on facebook-market place and the buyer wanted to meet up locally, we did and he paid through PayPal under friends and family because "he wanted me to not get fees". 2 weeks later he does a chargeback. I get in touch with the brother which he is the one who bought it and then tells me that a bunch of stuff and says he will talk to his brother and cancel, 2 days later he still hasn't respond to my message about if the problem was resolved. I did turn in all the conversation to paypal in hopes to probably which it probably isn't because the only care about making the big corps happy and not their users. I got in touch with a customer support agent which turns out there are more useless than internet explorer. I need help I turned in as much evidence to get claim to win on my side but I have doubts I will win. Luckily he paid using goods and services before canceling and paying with ff so I have his address if I ever have to take him to court.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Meowmix2025 

Its against Paypal rules to accept a family / friends payment for selling goods and you risk your Paypal account being limited if you do so. 

A buyer would not be able to open a Paypal dispute for non-receipt of item OR item not as described as they would have no Paypal buyer protection.

However they can still open a dispute for an unauthorised transaction OR do a chargeback (via their card issuer) and you may well lose as you would have no Paypal seller protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.