HELP PLEASE!!

Declanx-12
Contributor
Contributor
So a buyer bought some AirPods off me and sent the money over using PayPal. They had UPP be put on it, which is understandable, and I had to send the tracking number in order to get my payment.. I later get an email at the last minute within the hour I was supposed to get my payment, it said my account wasn’t premium and needed to upgrade. And to do this, I need to ask the buyer to transfer the total amount of money provided, and she did.. I got an email confirming she did but I have to pay her total amount back using Amazon Gift Cards worth £150 out of my own money and have to send them through the “PayPal” email in order to gain access to my payment.. I’m worried that I’ll be getting scammed and I need some sort of advice. Please help
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Declanx-12 

Its all a SCAM.

Paypal never tell you to send anything until the funds are SHOWING in your paypal account balance.

They do not tell you to use tracking they just advise it for seller protection.

Even if the funds were pending as a new seller and tracking meant they would be released more quickly they would still SHOW in your paypal balance but have pending next to them.

Lastly paypal does NOT tell you to send a buyer anything using another payment processor OR tokens of any kind.

You are getting spoof fake paypal emails.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Declanx-12
Contributor
Contributor
Oh my god, thank you for your reply.. Unfortunately, I’ve been fell under the scam. Because earlier today I sent off the item to the buyer today. I’ve never sold anything online and never got any payments through PayPal, so I have no idea who any of this words.. They were supposed to owe me £160, so I’m wondering if PayPal could do anything to help me get that?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Declanx-12 

Sadly not as none of the transaction would have been done using paypals site.

You responded to fake spoof emails sent by a scammer using anonymous or hijacked email address and working normally out of an internet cafe in somewhere like Africa.  😥

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Declanx-12
Contributor
Contributor
Oh damn that’s a bummer. Thank you for the responses I really appreciate it. The package was sent to Nigeria which I was shocked by not gunna lie
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Declanx-12 

If you have only just sent it then get hold of RM and see if they can recover it for you, failing that contact Nigeria post............can work sometimes.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Declanx-12
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah I sent it off 12 hours ago, I’ll have a look at the tracking system on the Royal Mail website and see if they can stop it
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.