Giving my name

Fever1
New Community Member
I have a buyer asking for my PayPal email and full name. Is my full name necessary? I’m new....
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fever1 wrote:
I have a buyer asking for my PayPal email and full name. Is my full name necessary? I’m new....

Sounds like a scam. Buyer does not need your full name. All they need is PayPal email address if you are not sending a money request or PayPal invoice for them to make payment. They will take this information and create fake PayPal email notifications to trick you into shipping items out and not pay or ask you to send money using a third party payment processor like Western Union or Money Gram in order to receive your money. If you wish to proceed with this transaction, make sure you see funds in your PayPal account first by logging on when you "receive" a "PayPal payment notification". If there is no funds in your PayPal account after you get this fake email confirmation, the buyer is scammer.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fever1 wrote:

Sounds like a scam. Buyer does not need your full name. All they need is PayPal email address if you are not sending a money request or PayPal invoice for them to make payment. They will take this information and create fake PayPal email notifications to trick you into shipping items out and not pay or ask you to send money using a third party payment processor like Western Union or Money Gram in order to receive your money. If you wish to proceed with this transaction, make sure you see funds in your PayPal account first by logging on when you "receive" a "PayPal payment notification". If there is no funds in your PayPal account after you get this fake email confirmation, the buyer is scammer.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.