Buyer from third party site trying to scam me

FelixHall88
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

A buyer, who purchased an item I listed on the website Grailed, has opened a case falsely claiming I sent him an incorrect item.

The buyer sent me abusive messages before I even dispatched the item, and falsely stated that I provided fake tracking and am a 'scammer'. I reported him to Grailed at this stage and then dispatched the item to the address specified. I have proof of this.

The item was delivered correctly, and I have evidence of tracking.

The buyer has also sent me a message on grailed, saying that the item 'is not in the condition described' as opposed to saying it is a completely different item like he has said on paypal. I find it very strange the buyer is contradicting himself and hasn't even provided what the supposed wrong item is (brand, size etc) and no photographs. I find it even more strange that the buyer accused me of scamming and using false tracking before I even sent it.

The buyer is clearly trying to scam me, and it is a complete lie that he has recieved a different item. I would really appreciate any form of help here. I am currently speaking to members of the grailed team to ensure the buyer is not allowed to do this to another seller in the future. I am going to call paypal tomorrow and speak to a representative and explain further.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.