Blatent fraud and paypal do nothing

happyandy
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item on eBay which the buyer collected in person, my girlfriend even helped load it into her (buyers) car, same evening buyer contacts me saying item is damaged and sends pictures on my phone, the original pictures on eBay show no damage and buyer admits she saw no damage on collection, I asked if she'd dropped the item as she couldn't unload it herself and her young son was of no use to help, she got abusive and demanded a refund.

I contacted eBay straight away, they asked me to go through the correct channels and offer a returns which I did, she then sent eBay the photos after collection in her own house showing her carpet and damage to item which conclusively show damaged occurred after purchase.

The buyer sends messages via eBay with her own ID calling me a names and says she dosent want to return the item and wants nothing more to do with me, fine by me.

Then the twist comes...paypal contact me taking the money back out of my account, 3 times I complain and 3 times they take the buyers word that she hasn't received the item, her ace is that I dont have a postal ID as proof, I wouldn't have would I when she collected it in person.

ebay have been brilliant all the way and know what she is doing is wrong but apparently cannot intervene just yet.

Has anyone else been ripped off like this, what more can I do to convince paypal this woman is fraudulently conning them, she not only has my goods but also the money as well.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@happyandy 

You should never use paypal for an item that is to be collected or personally delivered as you have 0 seller protection.
Your buyer can collect the item and then file a dispute for non receipt of item. As you would have no tracking number to prove delivery of the item to him then you would lose the dispute.

That is why Ebay give you the option of 'cash on collection' and you can state in your decription that that is the only payment you will accept. If a buyer pays with Paypal then you are allowed to refund that payment and re-state 'cash on collection'.

That way you have cash in hand / no wait / no fee / no risk of a dispute.

All you can do now is a small claims court action which you would probably win with all the evidence that you have got, good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

happyandy
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply, I honestly never knew eBay allowed cash on collection, small claims court it is.

Lesson learnt 

Trust no-one, shame really .

Login to Me Too

happyandy
Contributor
Contributor

I asked paypal for their complaints address but they are refusing to give it, they messaged me saying the original decision is final but I can appeal, I tried to appeal but the case is closed !!!!

Utter disgrace.

How can paypal call themselves honest and reliable when they are complicit in helping this fraudulent woman ??

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@happyandy 

But i have already told you that you have 0 seller protection for items that are collected !!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.