Awful person that bought something from me is trying to refund the money - need help

acknowledge
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, so the thing happened when I was selling a gaming product online. It was a gaming account which I was selling and I got a message from a pottential buyer that was interested. So we both agreed that the payment will be done through paypal because it was the only way I can receive the money for the product that I was selling to him. After I got the money I gave him all the credentials (information) about the gaming account (username,password) which he wanted to buy. After a while I tried checking if the buyer was succesfull logging in to the gaming account, which he was because he changed the password for it and I couldn't log in, which was pretty natural I guess. Then i get an email from paypal that the buyer opened a case and filled the reason as "item not received". So I'm currently pretty stressed out about what to do because the person received what he bought from me as I gave him all the information that was needed to succesfully log in and now hes trying to refund his money back and practically have the gaming account for free making me lose money.So at the moment I dont know what to do in this situation and I really need help.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@acknowledge

Unfortunately there is no paypal seller protection for virtual / digital items, you can sell them but at your own risk.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

acknowledge
Contributor
Contributor

It has to be something that I can do to avoid this. The person messaged me on paypal with way different chat photos of which I have when the buyer was messaging me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.