dice captcha is ridiculous, needs to be removed

oldbrowndog
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone else getting this utterly ridiculous dice security challenge on login? Count the dice that show 14 on their face? like 7 times before you can login..

DAFT!!!

And of course paypal don't want you to lodge a complaint so they send you here for a winge. Well here it is, a winge. i need a wambulance.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Manuel-777
New Community Member

I totally agree, the number of options per quiz, the growing number of attemps (starts at five then grows to ten) is absolutely ridiculous, not to mention a bot could totally beat it anyway.

Login to Me Too

Temp20220928e
New Community Member

Totally ridiculous...I have to login multiple times a day and it's taking WAAAAAAAAAY too long. Looking for alternatives already, can't continue like this. Beyond ridiculous, like ridi-ridi-ridi-ridiculous

Login to Me Too

oldbrowndog
Contributor
Contributor

ridi shmidi fididi fiddidly dum! yeh. i came here to scream into the vast nothingness of the web, and heard an echo. thanks for wingeing with me.

Login to Me Too

Paulo_GM
New Community Member

I totally agree! Such a waste of time! This is ridiculous. Whoever thought of this must be a game addict or something to come up with this security feature. Out of all the security features that one can think of, you'll be given one that's going to waste your time!

Update: Even submitting a reply here, you'll need to solve a captcha. Honestly, what kind of crap are they thinking?!!!

Login to Me Too

NCIreland
Contributor
Contributor

The security challenge asks you to match the dice with same symbol facing upwards and then shows you 6/8 options, none of which show matching symbols facing upwards. I not a stupid person, but it took me several tries to get it to show me a selection where the upward facing die had the same symbol. PayPal please CHECK your programme on this. You will notice its taking people much longer to log in,  so how much will we take before we leave and close our accounts.  Some people are colour blind or dyslexic , so cannot see certain colours or see things differently,  so have your designers taken this into account. ?  As I have neither and it took me ages, I think you will have many complaints about this. Others will just leave and take their business elsewhere. Life's too short for this. Seriously !             

Login to Me Too

nightbird2
It really is annoying, childish security that doesn't even... work!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.