Paypal suspended

Macrow555
Contributor
Contributor
So i received this notification when logging into my account tonight. No idea what yhe heck they csme up with this from i have never done anything against their rules. And it doesnt give specifics of what exactly they thought went against the rules. Then goes on to say any money in account will be held for 180 days and then youll receive info on how to transfer it? Well thats a bunch of crap because if i cant do anything with thst money how the heck am i supposed to pay for shipments clients have paid to have their purchases shipped. Let alone money i have in their was supposex to be used to pay for inventory i hace claimed along with the shops monthly rent. Which im now going to be at risk of losing the shop since they just all of a sudden decide my money will be held for 6 months thats ridiculous. This is why I can't use PayPal anymore according to them. Shouldn't they have to show me their proof that this occurred? At PayPal, we value a safe community for our customers to do business. We noticed activity in your account that’s inconsistent with our User Agreement and we no longer offer you PayPal services. Based on this decision, if applicable, you are no longer eligible for PayPal Seller Protection as per our User Agreement. This will apply to all existing and future cases you receive. Any bank or credit card information linked to your PayPal account cannot be removed nor can it be used to create a new account. You can still log in and see your account information but you can’t send or receive money. Any money in your balance will be held for 180 days, after which we’ll send you an email with instructions about transferring your money. Reference ID: PP-L-367189710951
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Macrow555 

Everyone who posts on here about being limited always says that they had broken no rules. However Paypal do not ban you for 0 reason. What would be the point? They make far more money from you using your Paypal account than interest on any held money.

PayPal does review accounts regularly, and any concerns with security, violations of the User Agreement or Acceptable Use Agreement, compliance obligations, etc., could lead to a permanent restriction. Additional information beyond what would have been provided to you in a notification and/or email would not be available due also to security concerns and due to such information being proprietary....in other words they do not give you an exact reason, they just direct you to the user agreement or acceptable use policy. I guess having a reason wouldn't make any difference if they have permanently banned you.

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal tends to hold any funds for 180 days. This is the same time frame that buyers have to open Paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened in 180 days then normally you are allowed to withdraw the funds. That is as long as you are over 18, account is in your legal name and the account is registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Paypal also may request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Macrow555
Contributor
Contributor
I have contacted them and they gave me no info at all she couldn't give me a single reason why they did that to my account. Just cus other people have said they did nothing wrong for them to do that to their account and ended up doing something doesn't mean that's the case with everyone. Which in my case if I did something wrong she would have been able to provide me with that information on the phone and she didn't see any reason why I was shut down from use to use PayPal services. I never once received any emails regarding this situation, never received a single phone call never received a notification nothing at all. Seems to me if there was an issue one of those would have been attempted by them before taking this action. I did however receive an email directly after my phone call with them which still says absolutely nothing in it except about them shutting my account down from usage that they are holding my money for 180 days and that I'm also being charged a high volume dispute fee. Which I've never had a single dispute with my account from anyone at all. Do yeah they are doing something messed up. I mean seriously even the person i spoke with over the phone couldn't see any reason why I was shut off from their services.
Login to Me Too

Geeze7
New Community Member

Same thing happened to me, possibly when I removed paypal from my checkout.  No answers on specifics from anyone at paypal.  My company and I are super honest so there must be a mistake, how do I fix it?  I am unable to open a personal account.  Feeling Bullied.

Login to Me Too

Call4marti
New Community Member

today I get a nasty posting my account has been suspended (sounds like forever). I don't know what rules I broke, and they cannot tell me.  This is BS.  Goodbye PayPal!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.