Unable to disable 2-step Verification

kiana33
Contributor
Contributor

I have disabled the 2-step verification as I am the sole user of my home computer, and am frequently logging onto my account. I received a confirmation email stating that it was disabled. However, every time I try to login or make an online payment it requests a text code. The same happens on my IPhone even with face recognition login.

This is so annoying and I cannot find any other way to disable it.

Is this an IOS issue as I am using IMac and IPhone?

Is there a way to keep logged in for a longer period? 

Tried to reach out to customer service but it always says they are unavailable, as I am in UK.

Not sure if I have missed something blatantly obvious but any help or advice would be great please.

K

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kiana33
Contributor
Contributor

Tried turning it off twice. Even got a conformation email from Paypal, but no luck, I still cannot view my account or make a payment without being made to enter a code via text. Have emailed about this Three times now and had no help.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kiana33 

More information that may explain that >>>

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-turn-on-or-off-2-step-verification-for-paypal-a...

Please note that you may still need to go through 2-step verification in accordance with PSD2 even if you’ve previously opted out or set your device as trusted.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/faq4202

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

temp10082022a
Contributor
Contributor
Hello did you ever find a solution to this as the exact same is happening to me! When I contacted PayPal customer service they just keep advising me it’s ‘turned off’ and nothing else they can do. But continuing to be asked for the 2 step verification and text thanks 🙂
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@temp10082022a 

Did you read the last 3 sentences in my above post?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.