Trying to use PayPal in the Steam App, but can't get past the password prompt

Mossberg1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I'm not able to log into PayPal via the Steam (gaming) App on Android. I get to the PayPal client from within Steam, but I can't get past the 'enter email address' prompt. I enter my correct email, but it keeps resetting to blank and I can't proceed.

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

Jpmcnutt
Contributor
Contributor
Same issue. Tried the browser on my phone and I tried uninstalling/re-installing the Steam app. No luck. I hope someone finds an answer. Very frustrating.
Login to Me Too

GokuCarioca
New Community Member
It is still broken after months.
Login to Me Too

MrBagoo
New Community Member
I think this is a Steam App issue. He anyone posted this on the Steam forums? I can't even do the workaround of uninstalling the app because I have Steam Guard activated. No App no Login via Desktop. What a fail.
Login to Me Too

Mossberg1
Contributor
Contributor
Yep, I did and guess what they advised...? Yep, it's a PayPal issue. However, randomly, the issue is now resolved on my mobile app. I had purchased something using PayPal via my pc browser, so maybe that refreshed some session on my account, idk... Good luck
Login to Me Too

Bootza
New Community Member
I have the same problem for months I had to a bank card to my steam and cut pay pal out that's works
Login to Me Too

BryanFromVT

It was a little bit of an annoyance having to relog Steam and Paypal, but I was able to complete the transaction in Chrome's incognito mode.

Login to Me Too

dirter90
New Community Member
For anyone that want to use steam in browser but the app opens instead, just use inkognito mode!
Login to Me Too

Baso1st
New Community Member

I have the same issue, I tried so many times on wifi and cellular, nothing worked. I have a pixel 6a. I ended up using a different payment method than PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

Abons21
Contributor
Contributor
Try to use google chrome and log in your paypal account and open the steam in google also then connect it to you're paypal account.
Login to Me Too

Lazure0-0
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same issue, but I've not added PayPal on the app before. It's asking me to enter my email, but after I do it buffers and loops back and asks for the same thing, but if I enter it incorrectly it tells me so.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.