Paypal account from previous domain owner

VincentSpar
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I bought our company domain in 2015 and developed a nice reputable business around it in about eight years but the previous domain owner registered an info@ Paypal account prior to the sale in 2015. We are using the account id paypal@.

Now we have one of our guests who transferred money to the info@ id, but I can't access the account or do a password reset since it is sending a text to a phone number I don't even know - or still exists. 

Is there a way I can have this info@ account cancelled? What would be the best way to deal with this?

Thank you for your advice!

Cheers Vincent

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

pkkh
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @VincentSpar 

Thank you for contacting PayPal community. 

I see you would like to access your old account associated with different email and phone number. You would like to access and close the account. In this case, it would be necessary to contact PayPal over the phone or message center and first gain access to the account. Once you access the account, you can Close the account. Here's how to find our contact details: Go to the Contact Us page by visiting our website <Password and account access< Select Login problems <Click on Call Us Icon< You will find the contact details for your region. 

I hope it helps.

Punith  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.