I cant close my business account

obsdiannobody
Contributor
Contributor

I have a business account but i wanna close it but doesnt allow me to help me!! bc i cant pay anything now bc doesnt allow me bc of that :((

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@obsdiannobody 

If you have a limitation then you won't be able to close it until you have resolved any issues?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

obsdiannobody
Contributor
Contributor

Yea if i dont fix this i cant do anything. pay nothing and i have to pay my stuff idk and if i try to close it on my account it says cant "close account" 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hello @obsdiannobody

Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! 

I understand you are attempting to close your account but you are seeing an error message. 

There are a few reasons why you may not have the ability to close your account: 

Account Limitations

As outlined by @kernowlass (thanks @kernowlass), it is not possible to close your account if you have an outstanding limitation. Please visit your PayPal Resolution Center to resolve any account limitations. 

Positive/Negative PayPal Balance

If you have a positive PayPal balance, this will need to be withdrawn to your bank account or/card before you can close your account. Likewise, if you have a negative balance, this will need to be resolved before your account can be closed. 

Ongoing PayPal Disputes/Cases

If you have any ongoing PayPal Disputes or Chargebacks, these will need to be resolved before your account can be closed. Again, you can find any cases on your PayPal Resolution Center

Pending Payments

If you have any pending or processing payments/refunds or transfers, these will need to be completed before you can close your account. 

I hope this helps, have a lovely day! 

Rebecca 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.