How can I close my account ?

david_annoyed
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there

I don't use the PayPal for many years.  Never liked it.

Now all my usernames and passwords have been compromised.  Thanks LastPass.

I'd like to close, delete, remove my old PayPal account, and my personal details.

When I try to login, it keeps asking for a phone number.

I absolutely don't want to give PayPal any more of my personal details.  Not going to happen.

Please, any tips or clues for how to close an unwanted account ?
TIA's

Edit.  Yes, I tried using a fake phone number, but PayPal sends a verification code to the fake number, so that doesn't work.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@david_annoyed 

You need a linked mobile phone to log in but as you can't log in as you have not added one then you would need to contact customer services to close the account for you.

However they may not be able to if they can't i.d. you with information from your account or that phone number.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

david_annoyed
Contributor
Contributor

Well, here's the thing.
My usernames and passwords have probably all been compromised. Its a LastPass thing.
If the bad guys login to my paypal account and buy a pile of expensive stuff, it will appear on my Visa Credit card.
Since I've tried to close my paypal account, (but I can't because the paypal have made it too hard to close an account), I'll reject those charges thru the Visa system.
I might even share this thread with Visa,
Anyway, this will end up costing paypal, not me.
'nuf sed.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.