How can I change my account to a business account or downgrade to a private account?

Mrsorrow
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have been trying to get help in the Help Centre for days, but my request keeps disappearing. An older request remains.
I have never received an answer.

My concern is the following:

My Paypal account is a business account although I mainly use it privately, which is why I would like to convert it to a private account as soon as possible. Can you help me with this? What steps are necessary. I would like to create a new account with a new e-mail address for my company. However, point 1 is important and urgent for me. This account is used almost exclusively for private purposes. If you want to downgrade your business account to a private account, please contact us, a member of our customer service team will do this manually, it is claimed. But I do not get an answer anywhere

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mrsorrow 

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.

Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.
OR
You could just close your business account (removing all subscriptions / financial info etc first) and open a personal one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mrsorrow
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks. I will try it tomorrow
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.