Home and Mobile numbers cannot be the same.

itma
Contributor
Contributor

I moved recently and decided to have only one telephone number for home and mobile use. I now find that I can't change my profile to reflect this as PayPal won't accept the same number in both home and mobile. To make things worse, it gives out my old obsolete home number when I place an order though them.

Can anyone suggest how to work around this problem?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@itma 

I've only got a mobile but have the same number on both 'home' and 'mobile' options in my paypal account.

Maybe its a country specific issue?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

itma
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply, kernowlass. Yes, I should have mentioned I'm in Canada.

Also, perhaps I was wrong in saying I can't have the same numbers, but rather that I could see no way of doing it. There was only a change button, and the system gave me an error message if I tried to put the same number in for both home and mobile.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@itma 

Yes I know you are in Canada which is why I mentioned it may be country specific.

However I managed to use the 'change' option when I got rid of my landline and added my mobile into the mobile and landline options.

Try another browser or ask customer services to change it for you?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

itma
Contributor
Contributor

No, That didn't work. I usually use Firefox but tried it on MS Edge with the same result. The response was "This phone number already exists on your account. View your phone numbers."

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.