Enter your code page input looses focus

Alantos
New Community Member

Hi

From few weeks I can see a problem with PayPal 'Enter your code' page (page after password where you put your second factor, i.e. from Authenticator mobile app). Whenever I type first number in, input looses focus and you have to click it again to continue typing. Does anyone experience the same thing? Asking because I am a bit concerned from a security point of view. I tested that on Chrome and Edge (both latest) and in Incognito mode with all extensions disabled.

Alantos_1-1640441141410.png

Alantos_0-1640440985847.png

Login to Me Too
41 REPLIES 41

snoboy2k6
New Community Member

Same here - definitely needs to be fixed.

I've had friends/family call and said they either trusted the device (shared which is not good) or turned off two factor to get rid of the annoyance.

Let's force people to be less secure because the 2FA prompt is user unfriendly.

Login to Me Too

hotfire42
Contributor
Contributor

Same here - please fix!

This occurs on all kind of devices, looking into the code it appears the comment a bit furhter up regarding React update rendering might be a good direction.

It is absolutely clear that this is a bug - the code even implements handlers to detect pressing enter, but in the current flow it is impossible to confirm with enter, as the focus is also lost when entering the last digit.

Login to Me Too

Ewrm

Yeah. I am looking into using other services instead. Its annoying and a payment service should not be annoying.

Login to Me Too

troxmo
Contributor
Contributor

same **bleep** here. also, i don't want to solve a **bleep** captcha every time i reply to a post here. what the hell.

Login to Me Too

djbobbyc
Contributor
Contributor

It's ridiculous that PayPal haven't fixed this yet. I've stopped using PayPal until they fix this bug.

Login to Me Too

DuncanL
New Community Member

Just another "me too" post to try and get this on the dev's radar to fix.

Login to Me Too

ndee

Hey PayPal-Devs,

are you kidding us ????!

Have you ever tried to use 2FA.

The lose of the focus after the first number when I have to enter six numbers - is completely inaceptable!

I will use another payment provider who takes more care on usability.

Bye

Login to Me Too

nickelsey

Yes, I'm getting this too. @support when are you going to fix this?

Login to Me Too

m4x_

@PayPal_SupportPlease have your devs fix this, this is very annoying. While your at it, have the input field focus automatically on page load (and not have it loose focus after the first input).

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.