sending money cross country. limits/conversions?

TayoFox
Contributor
Contributor

hi! i am not super familiar with paypal, but am already aware it can be iffy about some things, i just want to ask to be safe.

i want to send money to my friend in poland for a new computer. (about 700 USD (converted to złoty))

is there anything extra i need to be aware of about paypal? i am unsure if it will be put on hold or stopped or my account blocked for whatever reason i couldnt find on the ToS, as it's pretty vague, and i cant find a way to contact them directly to ask without calling and waiting.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @TayoFox

Welcome to the PayPal Community!

I understand you have questions about sending an international payment. I recommend referring to our Help Center and fees pages to learn about what fees may be applied. It may also be beneficial to look at our currency calculator before sending the payment to gather an estimate if you need to convert currency. If you're sending a larger payment than you usually send through PayPal, there's a chance it will be placed under a review. This only happens because we want to ensure you're the one making the payment. In addition, if you're making a Goods and Services transaction, the recipient could encounter a Funds Availability Hold to help us ensure you receive your item or service. 

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @TayoFox

Welcome to the PayPal Community!

I understand you have questions about sending an international payment. I recommend referring to our Help Center and fees pages to learn about what fees may be applied. It may also be beneficial to look at our currency calculator before sending the payment to gather an estimate if you need to convert currency. If you're sending a larger payment than you usually send through PayPal, there's a chance it will be placed under a review. This only happens because we want to ensure you're the one making the payment. In addition, if you're making a Goods and Services transaction, the recipient could encounter a Funds Availability Hold to help us ensure you receive your item or service. 

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.