[removed]

bakingem
New Community Member

Change primary phone number.
1. It cannot be changed, because it sends the verification SMS to a phone number that I no longer have.
2. Call customer service to change the phone number. If I speak Hungarian and the customer service person speaks English, how do we communicate on the phone?
3. The SMS is sent to the old phone number, but that phone number may have already been given to a new subscriber by the phone provider. This subscriber looks at his phone confused as to why he is receiving SMSes from PayPal asking him to identify himself.

This phone number change method won't work if you don't have the old number. I think that currently the only way to change a primary phone number is if the user creates a new one in addition to the current account. This is not a very good solution.

Translated by google

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bakingem 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.