new device login confusion

somean49
Contributor
Contributor
i logged in as ever from my phone to a new merchant using 2FA. unusually i had to repeat the process. the transaction succeeded but i was told i had logged in from a new device. i had not. nothing seems amiss with my account. do i need to worry?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @somean49,

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting! 

I understand your concern regarding the new device login notification. It's possible that you're receiving notifications about the new device login because of the use of a VPN or proxy. Please make sure you are logging in from a secure location and avoid using any VPNs or Proxy Servers using a trusted device. Just to be safe, I would suggest you change your PayPal password. This can be done by following the steps here. If you have any further questions or receive more notifications, please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Support. To contact us, simply click here.

Regards,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.