downgradde from business account to personal ?

beaniemama
New Community Member

is there any way i can do this ? i cant seem to find an option 

Login to Me Too
591 REPLIES 591

How do I change my account type from business to personal? I dont  know how it got set up as business. Paypal puts these safeguards in place then doesnt provide any support.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aaaaaaaaaaaaasa 

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.

Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.
OR
You could just close your business account (removing all subscriptions / financial info etc first) and open a personal one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

gmgarcia47
Contributor
Contributor
How to convert a business account to a personal account?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gmgarcia47 

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.

Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

OR
You could just close your business account (removing all subscriptions / financial info etc first) and open a personal one.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

vickiC1
Contributor
Contributor

i want to return a "personal account".  i made a business account last year but my business didn't take off...i just want to remove the "business" satus

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vickiC1 

OR

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

vickiC1
Contributor
Contributor
You would think I could " downgrade" without asking for assistance... Afterall, I didn't require " assistance" to " upgrade"... I guess that's just too logical 😂. Thanks
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vickiC1 

You're welcome, however the answer is that you have to ask paypal to downgrade an account for you.

I can only tell you how it works, I don't make up their rules for them. I just give up my time to respond to your post from home to try and help you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

burakturkmen96
New Community Member

I want to change my account type from Business to Personal. I sent 3 e-mails for this. 2 of them were not answered and 1 of them answered with an automatic message. I could not reach the solution. According to what I researched on the internet, I need to contact Support, but I cannot contact Support at all. Maybe it's because I sent the mail in the wrong category. From which category should I send my request to change my account type from Business to Personal?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@burakturkmen96 

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.