Paypal asking to reset password at inappropiate times

WicketCricket
New Community Member

I was trying to purchase something online and trying to add PayPal as a payment method.

After having entered my password and the 2FA code, PayPal tells me to reset my password because there was "Suspicious traffic".

This is a terrible idea and violates most common sense Security principles. Is there a way to disable this?

From a Security point, it makes no sense to ask me to reset my password. If I have a bad password before, I'll choose a bad one again.
Most importantly, it completely ruins the usability. Imagine I was out somewhere trying to pay someone. I can't just reset my password on my phone, as I don't have access to my Password Manager. If I log into my account through the paypal website directly, it doesn't ask me to reset my password.
This basically completely prevents me from using PayPal, since I have to reset my password in a window where I don't have access to a password generator nor my password manager.

This is obviously a terrible feature, I hope there is a way of disabling / removing it.

Other people seem to have the same problem: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Security-and-Fraud/Why-did-Paypal-ask-me-to-change-my-password-d...

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.