I don't use a cell phone and PayPal won't let me log in unless i give them a cell phone number

Read2
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal won't let me access my account unless i give them a cell phone number.  I don't use a cell phone.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Read2 

To continue accessing paypal you would need to acquire one.

Paypal are using mobile phones for i.d requirements for logging in and withdrawal funds for extra security measures.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Read2
Contributor
Contributor

It's ridiculous that I would have to BUY a smartphone, and then pay a monthly subscription JUST SO I CAN ACCESS MY PALPAL ACCOUNT!  PayPal already can contact me through email and through my landline phone.  Worse yet, I have all kinds of antivirus protection on my laptop computer.  What protection would I have on my cell phone?  Sorry, but this just DOESN'T make any sense.

Login to Me Too

Gezzer
New Community Member

I'm in the same boat. This is just plain stupid!! I can't access my account because I choose to not have a cell phone? I can't even phone them to resovle the issue because I have to log in to my account to get a phone number to do it and I can't becaue there's no way to opt out of the the cell phone number requirement.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.