How do you log out of the PayPal mobile app???

mynaito
Contributor
Contributor

Trying to logout of PayPal on the iPhone mobile site but there appears to be no logout button?? Also no menu button, no settings button... The only two buttons are the Deals and Wallet button. Looked through all options but still can’t see how to do it. Already tried restarting my phone and reloading the app. Still no luck. At this point the PayPal app is useless to me because I'm not going to be restarting my phone just to log out of PayPal every time I need to use the app. Has anyone else had this problem?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

klwalton
Contributor
Contributor

Tap your profile icon on the top left of the main page, scroll down, and at the bottom is the Log Out. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

derecognize
Contributor
Contributor

Following, as I need to access different PayPal accounts for different purposes, and I also can't find a way to log out and then log in to a different account on the new iOS app. The user interface on it is ...interesting to say the least. I wonder if PayPal is trying to get us to use Venmo for person-to-person payments.

Login to Me Too

CapStar362
Contributor
Contributor

You cant,  it errors out now.  I am Android and where the Profile and Settings icons where,  is GONE.  Hitting the Back Button - now gives me an Error. Cant even close the app normally.   the only way to effectively close the app and actually LOGOUT, is with task manager and some network wizardry to forcibly sever the connection and a cookies manager for mobile devices to strip out the cookie pertaining to your login.  

I cannot swap between my only two accounts,  one personal, one business.  PayPal CS is saying they have no information about that.  im literally on the phone with them now as im typing this on my desktop PC.     they are saying i now have to get a SECOND App - Paypal Business. 

Right now,  the only thing you can do to get the UI ( User Interface ) to change back or get fixed is to call Customer Service, send in 1 star reviews and notate on the review, to revert back the UI or fix the current one. 

Login to Me Too

mynaito
Contributor
Contributor

I just left a one star review. That is so lame. It was fine before. Some **bleep** tinkered with the app and tried to "improve" it maybe? How about leave well enough alone. It was working fine. 

Login to Me Too

cookiequeen58
Contributor
Contributor

Oh this is ridiculous.  I have two personal accounts, so I can only get on the second if I open up a computer?   this updated app is horrible and not user-friendly at all.  Wondering if i should start looking into other options besides PayPal.

Login to Me Too

rahima1
Contributor
Contributor
I went to my profile picture and did not go far enough down to the bottom where the logout is. Now I know. But it took me a long time to figure out, with help from the PayPal community. Thank you.
Login to Me Too
Solved

klwalton
Contributor
Contributor

Tap your profile icon on the top left of the main page, scroll down, and at the bottom is the Log Out. 

Login to Me Too

rahima1
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you. You know, I did look at my profile but I guess I didn’t scroll all the way down to the bottom. There it was. All this time I have been asking the community and looking here and they’re thinking the app was just useless. Other people have had the same problem I noticed in the community help section. Thank you again
Login to Me Too

mynaito
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you! Jeez. I don't know how many times I looked under profile. Guess I just didn't scroll down far enough!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.