Expats living in Thailand will not be able to use PayPal after 30th November 2022. No solution?

Piing
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal had the crazy idea of requesting National Digital ID (NDID) to all the users in Thailand to confirm their identity.

Those who do not comply will not be able to use PayPal after 30th November 2022

The NDID is only available for Thai nationals with a Thai ID card.

Foreigners with Thai Nationality are as rare as unicorns, because the regulations make it mission impossible (except for some Chinese mega-rich celebrity)

PayPal, if you are reading this, please offer a solution for expats living in Thailand to continue using PayPal.

And please, do not repeat again the same useless mantra: "In order to confirm your identity, you would be required to have a National Digital ID" with a link to PayPal Thailand "How to be verified" instructions. That answer is not a solution for foreigners living in Thailand

Thank you

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Nakmirax
Contributor
Contributor
I also would appreciate a real answer to this. I am from the US; however, I am married to a Thai national AND have a Thai child. My life and family are here. Even if I am granted permanent residency, I would not have a national ID. What are you doing to ensure that Non-Thai citizens are not left in a horrible situation by your policy change? We have other forms of ID, you can confirm our identities in other ways.
Login to Me Too

Piing
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried to to ask for a clarification through the message center many times, but it is impossible. Customer Support Agents are never available. I suspect that they are just ignoring all queries from Thailand.

This seems like this is the end of PayPal Thailand for non-Thai nationals ☹️

Login to Me Too

Nakmirax
Contributor
Contributor
Considering the lack of response and the fact that other posts are replied with useless pointers to Thai national registration, I fear you are correct.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.