Changing real name form

TechnoHT
New Community Member

Hi,

I'm having a bit of an issue with changing my name on PayPal

My full name on the ID is formed and registered on PayPal as First Name / Middle Name / Last Name (ex: A . B . C)

however, my bank only registered my name under the First Name / Last Name form only (A . BC) and this cause me a few issues when transferring funds because Middle Name doesn't exist in the bank's name form.

But when I want to correct my name form in PayPal, it requires my ID and a copy of 1 of these documents:

• Marriage certificate
  • Certificate of divorce
  • Deed poll

I don't have any of them as my name hasn't changed, and I'm not married or divorced as well, I just want to change name form

Is there any way I can change it without the above documents? Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TechnoHT 

Use the “Updating your name (for example, using your full name instead of a nickname)” option.

When you choose that, then you’ll get these options for supporting documents besides photo ID:

1. A copy of 1 of these documents:
    • Recent utility bill that shows your correct name and your current address
    • Recent bank statement for the bank account linked to your PayPal account that shows your correct name and current address
    • Recent credit card statement for the card linked to your PayPal account that shows your correct name and current address

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.