Changing my Nationality in order to change my phone number?

WorkingBrother
Contributor
Contributor

I was not able to get a resolution to the issue I have. nor was the forum any help, or the search. When I registered, long ago, I lived in Kuwait, I am from elsewhere. Yet the interface then did not let me choose my nationality then and defaulted to Kuwait. Even though my documents and address are in from my country of birth/actual nationality, I am not able to change my "Nationality." Moreover, due to my nationality being erroneously "Kuwaiti", I cannot set up my local telephone number as a contact option. I do not have a Kuwaiti number. If you could reach out and resolve this, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WorkingBrother 

Nationality with paypal means the country you are living in.

Paypal is country specific so you have to open a paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You can however in some countries add a U.S bank account (not card) to your paypal account. This is because paypal is a U.S company.
If you have that option then it should show in your paypal wallet.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

WorkingBrother
Contributor
Contributor

so bottom line i should close my current account and open a new one? 

as in i cannot change my "nationality" even though i changed my address and billing info? and bank details? 

pretty lame. 

nobody got any other suggestions? or maybe a paypal contact? email? something? 

anyone? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WorkingBrother 

Well i have given you the facts, if they are lame and you are not happy with what I told you then contact customer services. 

Or read this.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cshelp/article/can-i-change-the-address-on-my-paypal-account-to-another-co...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

WorkingBrother
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah it wasn't meant as an insult, just a matter of fact. 

Do you know how to contact them? I have spent hours in the menus over the years, only now that I am actually using PayPal for receiving funds do I care to have it actually synced. 

I welcome your eagerness to share the facts and point me in the right direction, moreover I am pleasantly surprised at how, overall, effective this process would be if my issue wasn't so, unique? 

I will definitely read what you sent, if I have not already. 

Thanks again, and sorry if you took that personally. Wasn't meant like that. 

Realistically, I'd much rather have an email exchange with someone than have to close my account and re register.. 

If you know of an email where I can reach out, other than that phishing one.. let me know. 

Cheers. 

Login to Me Too

WorkingBrother
Contributor
Contributor

WorkingBrother_0-1675373828688.png

So by default then they are applying the wrong laws to me and my account, as I am not of the claimed "nationality" on my account.

Maybe someone from the legal team should look at this, lol. 

I mean that's what I'd say to the actual customer support, without the lol, if I could contact them directly. 

And yeah, for the record, I had seen that, but that still does not cover my case, as I am not from the country where I had then registered my account. 

If that makes sense. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.