Can't access account profile page. Gives error, and has been this way for almost a 24 hours now

bash0
Contributor
Contributor

Having to retype this because this page errored out, and auto-save didn't seem to have worked at all...

Whenever I click on the gear icon to view account details, I get the following error:

We're sorry

we're unable to process your request. Please try again later.

Strangely enough, if I click on the security, or the data & privacy tabs quickly enough, I can access those pages just fine. It's when I click on account that I constantly get that error.

I've tried to access my account in a different browser, incognito window, on wifi, ethernet, tethered to my phone's data, at a friend's place, at work, on a different device, different networks at work, and still no luck.

I called into support, and was told to try various networks, etc. etc., when I let them know I've already done that, they told me to just try again later and maybe it will work...

I've reached out to support via chat, and on top of the wait times, they've generally been less helpful than phone support.

I've checked the paypal status page, and everything looks fine, so I'm at a loss as to what I'm doing wrong, and hopefully my last resort in reaching out to the community can let me know what I'm doing wrong, or perhaps if someone else is experiencing this same issue, then I can at least take solace in the fact that this isn't my doing, and I'm not alone.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

bash0
Contributor
Contributor

It's now been over 24 hours and still no updates from support, or changes to the status page...

Login to Me Too

Rollinggirl555
Contributor
Contributor
has anyone solved this issue? i also can't access on Account when i tried to click on it but the other works i contacted paypal and they told me to wait for 24 hours, and if it still persists then i need to contact them again (i contacted them thru their twitter acc)
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.