Anyone else trying to close their PayPal account?

nsikes64
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve been trying to close my account all morning and PayPal refuses to talk to me when I call and refuses to answer my questions via messaging. Any suggestions on how to close my account??
Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

adam345ž
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I´ve the same problem. I deleted my card from the account. Even under other conditions, the closure of the account should succeed. But it's not possible. I spend an hour or two  with it.

Login to Me Too

FreedomNow1

Yep, no matter what I do they refuse to let me close my account.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nsikes64 

Does the account have a temporary or permanent limitation at all?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nsikes64
Contributor
Contributor
Not sure what you mean by limitations. But I finally got a call from someone at PayPal and they said as soon as 1 final transaction goes through the system then the account can close. I received emails showing all contracts with companies I paid via PayPal have been terminated. 👍
Login to Me Too

Jpanapa75
New Community Member
Any luck?
Login to Me Too

nsikes64
Contributor
Contributor
Took awhile, but looks like it will be closed in couple days as soon as one last transaction finishes going through the system.
Login to Me Too

margaret1525
Contributor
Contributor
Been trying for MONTHS TO CLOSE ACCT GETTING VERY ANNOYED
Login to Me Too

nsikes64
Contributor
Contributor
I finally got an answer. The only way to get to anyone is via their messaging system. I kept messaging, and it took forever, but finally someone answered and told me someone would call me. A few minutes later I started getting emails showing they were canceling all the contracts with companies that I was paying through PayPal. Then a few hours later I actually got a phone call and they said I had final transaction that was in the process stage and I should be able to close everything out in a couple days. I hope PayPal learns to leave politics out of things.
Login to Me Too

June57
New Community Member
How can something so simple be so difficult. How does one simply close an account when no longer required?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.