closing account

stressed_user
Contributor
Contributor

I've read a trail of attempts by people to unsuccessfully close an account, going back a few months.

This 'contact us' nonsense doesn't work. So I'm starting a new thread.

My balance is zero, it will not let me close the b****y account.

Will some paypal person answer this topic properly.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_paula

Hi stressed_user, 

When you say it will not allow you close your account, are you getting an error message when trying to close it? 

Please be aware that if there is a limitation or any open issues on your PayPal account you will be requested to resolve these issues before you can close your PayPal account. To check and ensure there are no open issue, go to the resolution centre on your PayPal account to view if there is anything requiring your actions. 

I hope this helps 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

stressed_user
Contributor
Contributor

I get the same error message that was mentioned in several older posts:

"This account cannot be closed until the funds transfer from your bank account is completed"

Resolution center says no issues

I made a purchase 2 days ago, 1 euro, that is showing transaction complete.

I tried to remove the bank account that sourced the funds, same error message.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi stessed_user, 

It sounds like you have used your bank account to fund your last payment. When you use your bank to fund your payment it is requested via a direct debit mandate. The processing timeframe for this takes 5-7 working days. The transaction will show as being completed to your seller as we pay these funds on your behalf and we then go to your bank for the funds. If you click on the details of your transaction you will see that the funds are most likely pending from your bank.

If so, you will need to wait for your funds to clear before closing your account. 

I hope this answers your questions for you.

Paula 

Login to Me Too

stressed_user
Contributor
Contributor

OK, so I solved the issue which made me want to close the account, this involed 'recurring payments',  too complicated to go into.

So my account is still open and OK, but what a complex web of issues, PP should do better than this. more meaningful messages  please!!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi stressed_user, 

Glad you got it resolved. 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.