Verify your account using your bank account or credit card Confirm bank account or credit card.

paul678
Contributor
Contributor

I have definetly not received any 4 digit code to my bank account, I have asked for this several times over the past months.  I cannot see how to contact Paypal with the message from the drop down lists to tell them this, all the options are pre written and do not allow me to highlight my problem in letting them know directly that they are asking for this confirmation, I am trying to cooperate, but it seems I cannot let them know that I am not getting the code?  Can you help??

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@paul678

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

paul678
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, I have tried telephoning many hours and many many many days over the past weeks and months longest call waiting  time I waited was 2hrs 12min.......reckon I averaged over 1 hour every second day......with no success at all.  I do not use facebook or twitter.  thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Carlos

Hello Paul678, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal UK community!

I am really sorry to hear about this experience and I will make sure to pass your comments to the relevant team. If you are still having difficulties to complete the bank confirmation you could consider the option of re-initiating this process. In order to do so, you just need to remove and re-add the bank account. Once you have done this you should receive the confirmation code shortly. 

Hope this helps and apologies once again. 

Carlos

Login to Me Too

Lithium2
Contributor
Contributor

What? Remove bank account and attempt to add it again! Just read on another post doing that causes the bank account to become locked so you cannot add it again until you call customer services which, from sound of what original posted said, seems to be virtually impossible to contact CS.

I have exactly same problem, tried to confirm bank but been waiting nearly 3 days and still nothing into my bank account. Paypal should stop wasting money on stupid tv advertising and concentrate more on sorting out the problems existing customers are having before trying to overload their systems with more new customers.   

Login to Me Too

Lithium2
Contributor
Contributor
Just discovered if you go into your paypal account and choose "classic site" you can view and check your full bank details to make certain account number and sort code etc are correct. Unfortunately I am getting conflicting information, in one place paypal are telling me the code has been sent, in another place it says it hasn't. What a useless way to run a business 😞
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jessica

Hi Lithium2,

Thanks for posting in the forum and apologies for the delay.  I am sorry to hear that you had this experience. If you are still unable to confirm your bank, please contact us via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK or Twitter: @AskPayPal so that we can follow up. 

Thanks,

Jessica

Login to Me Too

kuldokk
New Community Member
I had much of the same problem, until now I'm not able to resolve this step.
Verify your account using your bank account or credit card
Do something, paypal!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.