Transferring an account to someone else

KPH
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there. 

I've done a rather stupid thing which i am aware i will get flamed for on here.

I have loaned my paypal account to a freind who was having some difficulty in taking paypaments from Ebay. Now this person has some chargebacks and claim disputes appearing on my paypal account.

I've already spoken to him and he has said, if i can transfer the account into his name he is fully prepared to take full control of the situation.

Is this something i can do, if so how?

I appreciate your help in advance.

Regards

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KPH

You can't transfer a paypal account.

Tell him to send you the money to sort the claims.

However you are risking your account in being permanently limited.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KPH
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply. 

The account is already limited.

I know i should not have done this in the first place but what has happened has nothing to do with me. He is agreeing to take responsablity for the account.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KPH

but what has happened has nothing to do with me.

Really? Not only did you give someone your password but you actually let them use your paypal account, totally against paypal rules.

Then you let him do transactions that led to chargebacks and disputes.

Thank goodness your account is limited as it does not sound as if you should be using one.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

KPH
Contributor
Contributor

I accept you stating the obvious but that reply does not help my situation. Mistakes are made, what can i say. I am in this position and only need constructive comments please.

Again

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KPH

No it won't help your situation, sometimes nothing will do that if you have got yourself into having your account limited.

However i have the right to reply to your comment "What has happened has nothing to do with me"..

Bye.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.