Request entity too larger?

mattb2k7
Contributor
Contributor

It seems that once I try to upload the requested details, in my case I am trying to upload a bank statement and my driving license.

Both upload fine, but once I try to send the files, I come to a page saying the request entity is too larger. The available space after the files have been uploaded is: 8577.82 kb

The webpage shows this:

Request Entity Too Large

The requested resource

/appdispatcher/appdisp

does not allow request data with POST requests, or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit.

I'm confused as to what I'm doing wrong? I mean, I could only think that I go over the available space, but obviously it's not that.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there mattb2k7,

Here's how to reduce the file size of a JPEG picture using Microsoft Windows in order to upload to PayPal, try this:

- Right click on file and move cursor over "Open With"

- Click on "Paint"

- Click on "Image" in the menu bar across the top of the window

- Select "Stretch/Skew" and reduce Horizontal and Vertical values to 50%

- Click "OK".

- Select "File" from the menu bar and click on "Save As"

- Enter file name and select "JPEG (*.JPG,*.JPEG,*.JPE,*.JFIF)" from the "Save As Type" drop down field then click the "Save" button. (file will be saved to the same directory as the original file by default)

The file size should now be reduced enough for you to upload the file via the PayPal website.  

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

josyoung
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue.  When I open in Paint, I don't have an Image option (I have Home and View only).......

This is so deeply frustrating.....

Login to Me Too

avinashabhi
Contributor
Contributor

i had same issue.i am sending just 200kb file. it shows 413 the entity is too large. how can i avoid this error

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.