Please help

aiberdeen
New Community Member
I have recently gone over the receiving limit and PayPal are asking for id. I sent them my council tax bill which was accepted and my passport which was declined because it's out of date. The only other Id that I can see that is accepted is a drivers license, my license is a old paper version. I have even checked how much it is to get a driving license card but you even have to have a valid passport to get that. I really don't want to spend £80 for a passport just so I can use PayPal. I have seen people on here saying that a birth certificate is accepted, the problem is that the birth certificate has my maiden name on it which is obviously different to the one on my PayPal account. Would the birth certificate still work? If not surely there is something else that is accepted? Thanks
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aiberdeen

Sorry but no one on here can know what paypal will or will not accept.

Your best bet is to contact them direct and ask them.   >>>

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

************************************

I volunteer my time on here to help you, so leaving kudos or marking one of my posts as a "solution" would be appreciated.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.