Limits on account

ickerfing
Contributor
Contributor

I opened an account - my other half put some money in as I wanted to buy something. Because I had gone over a certain limit PayPal have put a limit on my account and are withholding proceeds from sales on ebay. I sent them all the details they asked for to resolve the problem including passport copy, utility bill, bank statement etc. but they have not done anything for well over a week. They said they would get back in 2 - 3 days but getting to talk to anyone human seems impossible. I makes fe feel like they are treating me like a criminal or someone with something to hide despite being a law abiding person who has an impeccable credit record and no mortgage or loans. How do I get them to sort it? I've messaged them every day but it seems like they are asleep at the wheel? Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ickerfing

Try phoning for an update?

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent OR just say the word 'Agent'".

In the UK its free from any landline phone.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ickerfing

depends what documents they needed and if you provided the correct ones.

depends if they have accepted the ones you sent.

depends how many staff available.

depends how busy they are.

depends when they get around to doing it.

I have known folks wait weeks / months but then they may be the exceptions, only c.s. can tell you for sure.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ickerfing
Contributor
Contributor

Flipping heck - instead of taking the limits off - I find I can't even pay for postage to send out an item I sold on ebay. They've had my passport, they've had my utility bills, driving licence, bank statements etc. etc. etc. and everything is ticked to say they have received all the necessary information.  It is getting ridiculous. My other half put some money in there for buying stuff and I can't even touch that! It is criminal - never have I experienced such shoddy money handling and believe me, I've worked for financial institutions for years. BTW - I'm Cornish too.....living inland Cornwall

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ickerfing

Try phoning for an update?

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent OR just say the word 'Agent'".

In the UK its free from any landline phone.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ickerfing
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks very much - I'll try that

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.