Limitation for no valid reason, £963 stuck and i can't get access to medicine I need(Cancer patient)

Alex_an
Contributor
Contributor

I am not looking for sympathy here or people to tell me how sorry they feel but it needs to be said that am a cancer patient with stage 4 colorectal cancer.  Paypals way of handling limitations is well known to be unfair at times, to put it mildly. I cannot work due to this disease and from the resulting chemotherapy and I need this money to cover a certain medicine (NHS won't cover it).  Evidence of my health situation can be provided to ANYONE upon request who would like some verification to be done before any help is given.

Let me give you some briefing first though. 

In late December i had my account limited. Now, I have a pretty old account with many transactions/sales and never had any charge back or any serious (if any) issues with it. During the Christmas period i decided to dispose many of the gifts that I received as I really don't need a phone or a tablet. I have enough already.

I sold all 5 items without "problems" bar two. The first one was an iphone which I brought from the states and the uk ebayer after buying it and even thought I clearly stated this is an AT&T locked phone, he decided to open a dispute on the basis, essentially, that he couldn't unlock it for anything less than £90-£100 and he therefore wanted to send it back. I refused claiming his reason is not valid. He opened an ebay case on the basis "item not as described" which I won. Ebay saw through his frivolousness. This buyer, a paypal representative told me, also opened a fraud claim on paypal against me which he then retracted I was told.

Anyhow this was the first problem that I had from those sales. The 2nd one was for a graphics card that I sold and due to the storm in the states at the time it took the parcel over 2 weeks to arrive to the buyer. The buyer was very understanding and I don't get why he opened an ebay case but anyway he did receive the item at the end and he closed the ebay case himself marking it as "Item received" and also left me positive feedback.

THAT'S ALL the issues i've had. Shortly after i finished my sales I got the limitation. I had called twice paypal at the time and both times I was met with two very nice guys (Daniel and Mark I think) who themselves could not understand why I had to be limited. They pointed out a few reasons as to the potential nature of the limitation and after my input they could clearly see that no reason really exists and the limitation was probably mostly a precautionary move. Moving forward a month i called paypal again yesterday and spoke to a rather unhelpful/dismissive/unreasonable girl who just wanted to fob me off. Also the latest email that I received says:  "We appreciate your interest in PayPal; however, our decision to leave your account permanently limited is final. We reserve the right to limit access to any account reported to be involved in possible fraudulent or high risk behaviour."

Nothing fraudulent or high risk has occurred unless you want to begin hypothesizing potentialities. All items have been delivered with valid tracking and positive feedback received. Only the aforementioned case with the iphone above is without feedback but ofcourse with valid tracking.

During my calls with paypal I got the impression that they were "making up" hypothetical reasons to limit me. For example I was asked "why did you receive a specific amount of  ( don't recall the exact amount so i'll make one up) £19.45 ? are you selling something and want it to receive it as a personal payment to save on fees?" I was amazed how they were trying to find reasons to limit me. I explained to them that many of these are funds sent to me as money owed/help me to buy stuff on ebay and they have NOTHING to do with me selling something. Paypal obviously knows why i got this money and I don't???. 

Reading a few other threads here I can tell that paypal limiting accounts for their "own mysterious reasons" that nobody can understand is a common incident.

I beg someone who CARES just a little bit about the organization they work for to have a look at this case here and provide me with a damn reason as to why I deserve this limitation. I HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING that would warrant this action taken against me. I have never used this account fraudulently. I sold numerous times on ebay in the past with 0 issues. Not only is my account limited they also limited my brothers account at the same time due to them being linked. I need access to the funds in my acccount. 90% of this money has come from a sale of an iphone x, Buyer has received it and probably using it now while I can't access my money. I am without a phone and without money. I sold everything to support myself as a potentially incurable person.

I have sent my story to BBC,ITV and to a few other news organizations hoping for some pressure to be generated. I swear to everyone reading this that I HAVE NEVER DONE ANYTHING DODGY/SUSPICIOUS/ILLEGAL with my account. The limitation is based purely on hypotheticals.

I don't have the energy to take paypal to court over this. I am in a dire situation and I need access to this money but they don't give a damn. I have stopped phoning them as I get nothing done. I am just hoping for a miracle here to save me.

One last thing i would like to mention is that one of the reprenstatives I talked to told me that many people that call in swear the hell out them and even give them death threats. At the time I found this objectionable and crazy but now I begin to feel these people.

I AM DESPERATE.

Can anyone help or care to help?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alex_an

Sorry but if paypal have decided that they no longer want to do business with you then there is nothing anyone on here can do about it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.