Account limited and/or locked

IvayloD
Contributor
Contributor

Problem: Email informs me to upload proof of address with unclear/unfollowable steps which apparently require me to get into my account which is unreachable. Contact through phone is not an option.

Recently I tried to revive my old (and only) PayPal account and found it a bit problematic. First off I had a few password fails, which should be normal after a few years but then I managed to sign in. Because I am home (Bulgaria) and not in the UK where I created the account it apparently registered my actions as "Unusual activity" from abroad... understandable. So they asked me for ID proof in the form of drivers licence scan or passport scan. The steps were simple so I uploaded my drivers licence which seemed to suit them fine as they said they've received the document but need further proof. OK, fine. But how exactly do I log in to a locked account which is in this state:

"We're reviewing your documents

Thanks for checking in with us. Your documents are still being reviewed. We'll email you when your identity has been verified."

The last email they sent me: 

"Dear-------------,

Thank you for your cooperation, we've received some of the requested documents:

- Government-issued photo ID.  

Thank you for your cooperation so far. However, to fully restore your PayPal account we need you to complete the below step(s). Please follow the instructions below:

- Please provide a proof of address.

As proof of address we'll accept a copy of a utility bill (such as a phone, broadband, health insurance, gas, water or electricity), an official government or tax related letter, or any bank or credit card statement. The document must show your full name and address as they appear on your PayPal account and cannot be older than 12 months. The document must be fully legible.

- After reviewing your PayPal account we found that your account shows logins from abroad. Please confirm if you are currently abroad. To do so, log in to your PayPal account and click 'Contact' at the bottom of the page. Select 'Managing My Account' as the topic and 'My account is limited' as the sub-topic, then send your message.
--------------------------------
How to provide your information:
You can either upload or fax your information to us.
To upload:
1.Go to (paypal site) and log in to your account.
2.Under 'More about your account', click 'Resolve a problem in the Resolution Centre'.
3.Review the limitations steps you need to take and 'Upload' the requested documents.
To fax:
- Please use the fax cover sheet provided by PayPal.
- To print the cover page, log in to your account and click the 'Fax Documents' link on the Limited Account Access Details page."

The described steps aren't anywhere to be found probably because I can't login at all. And no, I do not want to phone them, this is already way past my comfort zone and I'd rather delete both the account in question and the one I created to be able to create this message. 

If it matters, the actions I did before they started asking questions were to link the PayPal account to a newly created ebay account, and link it to an old easycash debit UK account with a few leftover money from a few years back when I lived there.

Is my address verification part of the process of my identity being verified or do they need to review my drivers licence to verify my identity AND THEN my account becomes reachable and I can proove my whereabouts with a utility bill? Because If I need to login to get verified and I need to get verified to login then this might be an issue...

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

IvayloD
Contributor
Contributor

Still looking for assistance. 

I cannot login therefore I can't follow the stept below:

"- After reviewing your PayPal account we found that your account shows logins from abroad. Please confirm if you are currently abroad. To do so, log in to your PayPal account and click 'Contact' at the bottom of the page. Select 'Managing My Account' as the topic and 'My account is limited' as the sub-topic, then send your message.
How to provide your information:
You can either upload or fax your information to us.
To upload:
1.Go to (paypal website) and log in to your account.
2.Under 'More about your account', click 'Resolve a problem in the Resolution Centre'.
3.Review the limitations steps you need to take and 'Upload' the requested documents." 

When I attempt a login the page that appears is: "We are reviewing your documents. Thanks for checking in with us. Your documents are still being reviewed. We'll email you when your identity has been verified."

How can you review my documents when I can't login to provide them, and how can I login when you are "reviewing"my documents and do not allow me access to my account? Can someone exaplin this complete nonesense? And once again even if there are problems concerning an account why on earth would you completely restrict all access, even access to forums? I had to create a 2nd account just to post here.

Login to Me Too

IvayloD
Contributor
Contributor

7 days and nothing.

Login to Me Too

PainpaI
New Community Member

I've had my Paypal account limited for over 6 years and tried to contact support numerous times to get it fixed.  

Paypal support is a joke...  They either say everything is "OK" and it will be fixed (nothing happens), send you a automated reply, or they don't respond at all.  I'm sorry, but you are probably just as **bleep** as me.

The only reason why I even bothered to log in today is because I wanted to buy something, but they require me to log into my Paypal account to purchase the item...  And SOMEHOW my account is STILL under review 6 years later...

Login to Me Too

Joe212
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah bro your account is **bleep**, the customer service ain't gonna help you.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.