what is going on?

gt3988
Contributor
Contributor

So I sell my first item on eBay all is well with that part. The person that bought the item sent payment. EBay says that its ready to be claimed but when I go to claim it asks for me to sign up for papal. If I use the email from my current paypal it asks me to link so I do this still nothing. I cannot get the money and do not want to ship incase its fake. I have linked and relinked. Checked all my settings its all good IM verified and all that jazz. Any one have any ideas?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Yes, they're just peachy, aren't they?

You ned to go back to the opriginal listing page by clicking on the title in your "Sold" section.

Then try to edit or revise it.

You don't actually have to change anything, you just want to look at what the listing had down for your email accounmt ( you might have dropped a letter or reversed a couple letters is what I'm thinking)

Another way to do this is to ask your buyer to check their Paypal account and see if the payment shows as "unclaimed".  If so, they can cancel it and send it to the right address.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Possibly the buyer sent the funds to the wrong email account.

Check the listing to see what the email account was EXACRLY by revising it.

Login to Me Too

gt3988
Contributor
Contributor

i cant seem to find any thing about the email used

Login to Me Too

gt3988
Contributor
Contributor

and ebay and paypal support is about to drive me to suicide by cop

Login to Me Too
Solved

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Yes, they're just peachy, aren't they?

You ned to go back to the opriginal listing page by clicking on the title in your "Sold" section.

Then try to edit or revise it.

You don't actually have to change anything, you just want to look at what the listing had down for your email accounmt ( you might have dropped a letter or reversed a couple letters is what I'm thinking)

Another way to do this is to ask your buyer to check their Paypal account and see if the payment shows as "unclaimed".  If so, they can cancel it and send it to the right address.

Login to Me Too

cooperdock
Contributor
Contributor

this is insane

Login to Me Too

cooperdock
Contributor
Contributor

what is going on

Login to Me Too

cooperdock
Contributor
Contributor

cooperdock
Contributor
Contributor

this is goofy

Login to Me Too

mickisworldprod
Contributor
Contributor

gt3988:

Are you ever right!!  I sell all the time on Amazon.  Their system is so easy and fast.  Trying to get money out of eBay is like trying to get blood from a rock.  Why can't eBay just send payments to my checking account the way Amazon does?  Why is eBay so convoluted and difficult to use?  Why is it necessary to go through PayPal and to pay yet another fee reducing even further the amount I get eventually?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.